Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm back!

Hey everyone,


So I will start of by apologizing for the lack of posts on this blog; the last post I made was in February and now its nearly May! Time has just gone by so fast, and so much has happened in the last two months that I haven’t posted on here...yet!


Despite not posting official entries on the blog, I have been writing entires and have been keeping track of topics and events I want to blog about and I promise by the end of this weekend, I should have a few posts up.


So what’s been new and exciting with my life?


Well, as some of you might know (and I think I made a post about this late last year), I got an internship at Toronto magazine company Vervegirl in which I edit interviews they do with celebrities, behind the scenes photo shoots, special features and other exciting things like that. I’ve been interning there since November and I finally got “upgraded” in the sense that now I’m not only editing these pieces now, but I’m going out and getting to film them as well! My first project will be filming an interview with British singer Kate Nash at her hotel room! In addition, my name is finally posted in the header of the magazine under the “intern” section. I’m pretty excited about both of those and cannot be thankful enough!


Of course, my life wouldn’t be complete without my fix of music, concerts, and film, and I have a bunch of news regarding that as well. Since my last post in February, I attended a Hedley concert in Ottawa which was amazing. Opening for Hedley was Boys Like Girls, Stereos, and Fefe Dobson so it was a pretty big show. Asides from Fefe Dobson’s opening performance, the show was incredible. I saw Lady GaGa and Timbaland in concert as well that I didn’t blog about (however those were in November (2009) and January, respectively) that were also both great. Upcoming concerts include Lights & Owl City at the end of this month, Faber Drive with Jesse Labelle and New Cities in May, Bamboozle festival in June, and Lady GaGa in July to say the least. I’ll make sure to post reviews on all of these as they happen! Some movies that I will be reviewing for my blog are Beauty and the Briefcase starring Hilary Duff, and The Back Up Plan starring Jennifer Lopez. Everything I listed above will be posted in their own respective entries in retrospect (for example, since Timbaland happened in January, it will be filed under January in my blog, however I’ll create a reminder post so everyone sees it).


I’m sure all of you are dying to know about juicy gossip in my personal life. I don’t want to give too much away, but I did turn 20 in March and had a pretty awesome birthday party (I believe I posted my birthday invitation poster on the blog). Shots by LMFAO featuring Lil’ Jon became the song of the night and consequently my 20th birthday theme song. I also made a trip out west to BC earlier in March and visited some friends (a blog will be up about that) and I recently booked a trip to go to Europe for 10 days in August so I’m pretty stoked for that! Drama in my life has been minimal (for once)! Speaking of drama, I did meet Ms. I Just Wanna Be No Drama Adrianna aka Jessica Lowndes from 90210 in March which was cool. So I’m in Toronto for the full summer and I’m currently trying to get a full time summer job and who knows, I might migrate back to Toronto for University? Who knows!?!


Anyways, I wanted to give everyone a quick update on what’s been good with me. I promise this blog is going to get very exciting really soon! I don’t want to give too much away since I like secrets, BUT I am working on getting some exclusive interviews just for this blog. A few months ago I did get Marianas Trench to show some support for the blog, which they did as you can see in the top right hand corner...now I’ve been working on getting some interviews for the blog so let’s hope this post doesn’t jinx that!


Talk to everyone later!


Love,


Khizer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AW, I'm glad to hear you're back blogging away! :)

Once again, congrats on being the Verve Intern! :)