Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Glee: The Music, Best of Season Two

Glee recently wrapped up its second season but many of the songs are still lingering around in my head. It is only appropriate to make a collective list of the best songs featured in the second season. Season two followed the same blueprint of the first covering current hits, old gems, show tunes, as well as more indie music. They did learn from the first season though and didn't do much of a single type to keep it varied and fresh. This year, there were a lot more indie songs covered that, normally, probably wouldn't get as much exposure if they weren't covered on Glee, so it was nice to see the producers add such songs.

It was a little bit of a challenge choosing my favourites when there were 129 songs covered in the show this season, but nonetheless I was able to narrow it down to 30 of my favourites. Check it out below (in order of appearance).

  1. I'm A Slave 4U
  2. Toxic
  3. I Want To Hold Your Hand
  4. Losing My Religion
  5. One Of Us
  6. Sing!
  7. Lucky
  8. Touch A Touch A Touch A Touch Me
  9. Teenage Dream
  10. Stop! In The Name Of Love / Free Your Mind
  11. Forget You
  12. Singing In The Rain / Umbrella
  13. Marry You
  14. Bills, Bills, Bills
  15. Silly Love Songs
  16. Baby
  17. Sing
  18. Don't You Want Me
  19. Loser Like Me
  20. I Follow Rivers
  21. I Feel Pretty / Unpretty
  22. Never Going Back Again
  23. Go Your Own Way
  24. Rolling In The Deep
  25. Friday
  26. Jar Of Hearts
  27. Pure Imagination
  28. I Love New York / New York, New York
  29. Pretending
  30. Light Up The World

Some of these songs are available on the 6 soundtrack release for season 2 which you can purchase via iTunes, Amazon or a retailer near you! (yes, yes, shameless plug)





Here's hoping season 3 brings out even better covers!

No comments: