Monday, July 9, 2012

Sailor Moon to Return in 2013!

I've been a huge fan of Sailor Moon ever since I was a little child. I remember watching the show on YTV before I would head to school in the morning, and buying episodes on VHS at the time. I always imagined myself as being Tuxedo Mask and during the time I had a huge crush on Sailor Jupiter. I can also admit to owning the complete series on DVD. Yes, I'm a pretty huge fan of the show. That's why the news I read a few days ago made me ecstatic!

On July 6, there was a 20th anniversary talk regarding the show, and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced that the show will return with an all new anime in the summer of 2013. Full details were vague and its unsure whether the show will be dubbed in English or not, or if we'll have to watch it in subtitles, BUT it is confirmed that it will be distributed worldwide after it runs its course in Japan by Toei animation.

Well, this has got to be the most exciting news I've heard in a while, and as a huge fan of the show I definitely cannot wait till 2013 now. Whether I have to watch it in Japanese, or English, doesn't matter, I'm just glad the series is making a comeback. I'm excited to hear more details about the show, and see what direction they'll take it in. Will they bring back some old story-lines or villains like Queen Beryl or the Doom Tree or will they take a whole new approach with the series? What are some of your ideas, and what would you guys like to see with the new series?


No comments: