Friday, April 15, 2011

Interview with Ashley Tisdale and the cast of Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure


A lot of you may know (and if you don't than now you do) that I have this huge thing for Ashley Tisdale. From her roles as Sharpay in the High School Musical franchise, Maddie on The Suite Life of Zach and Cody and Savannah on Hellcats to her infectious singles like He Said, She Said, Crank It Up and Be Good To Me, I can never get myself enough Tis. Alas, when I heard Ashley was going to be in Toronto shooting a new movie last year, I was overjoyed. On top of that, when my boss at my internship at Vervegirl Magazine told me she booked me an interview with the one and only Tisdale, I was ecstatic and 'OMGWTFBBQ'ing!






Because the film was to be kept top secret in terms of content, costumes, and overall secrecy, Disney had put an embargo on the interview and thus I had to keep my excitement contained within me...until now. So once again, OMGWTFBBQ! I'm super grateful for my boss at Vervegirl for being able to facilitate the interview, and it was a pretty awesome experience getting to be on set of the film, seeing the cast members shoot scenes, and then getting to interview them after.

After waiting nearly a year to be able to publish and speak about the interview, I almost forgot how exciting it was. All the cast members were super sweet and so open and honest in the interview. They were so open and honest, that I would be able to do a separate article on each cast member if needed be. However, I had to keep it small and thus, I present the cream of the crop in the interview. Here's a link to check it out:





Last night, I checked Ashley out at NML (previously known as Much On Demand on MuchMusic) and then at the exclusive Toronto premiere of the movie, where she and a few other cast members attended. It was very nice to see Sharpay again, especially in a lead role. It was also cool seeing familiar locations in the movie, as it was shot in Toronto. The movie was ok; it had its cute and funny moments, but I can see why its being released directly to DVD and wasn't a big screen adaption like High School Musical 3. Regardless, it was fun attending the premiere, and I might shamelessly purchase the movie when its out on Blu Ray...just because Ashley is in it.

Don't tell anyone.




No comments: